Friday 12 May 2017

Be careful when you wish for something

     Not long ago, during the time of massive celebrations for my birthday  (the Pope had to land in Corpus Christi because the airports in McAllen and Harlingen...even Reynosa...had run out of space for all the arriving dignitaries), I had asked my family to consider as appropriate gifts, considering the magnitude of my importance, for either a fully restored Karmann Ghia Volkswagen, 1973 model, in either red or white.  
     Barring that, I indicated that a back-up power plant for the Quinta Tesoro de la Sierra Madre would be appreciated.  I even indicated that it would not be held against anybody if they got together and bought both of those relatively humble gifts.

Red and White Karmann Ghia

     Apparently there was a minor failure in communication.  Only one of my relatives sent anything.   It was a Karmann Ghia Volkswagen, but instead of red or white, it came in red and white.   Perhaps I should be more specific in the future, because I know they really want to give the  old geezer everything he wants.   Does anyone know the number for 911?  I'm toying with an elder-abuse complaint.....  
     At least my children were good enough to provide me with a new home, and my own personal ball and chain.  Perhaps I should really give thanks for the many blessings that I have.  To-morrow they are going take me out to eat.....I think it's breakfast at a donut place....something about Dunking.....

More later.
El Gringo Viejo
__________________________