Friday 26 May 2017

A Brief Commentary Concerning Free Speech

     Please forgive my putting into the record my most sincere feelings about interrupting a public assembly in order to make a private point.  People of much presumption, little knowledge, high credentials, and arrogantly proud in their ignorance love to spoil the fun of others in order to prove their own false sense of superiority.

    What it included below is a copy of the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America.   Beneath that is El Gringo Viejo's visceral jumping upon the rotted bones of people who feel the need to disturb the peace so as to remind those they leave behind how superior their values are to the speaker's miserable intellectual or moral positions
     We engaged briefly in a bit of a dialogue on something called Facebook.    The second speaker noted that the people who walked out apparently had the right of free speech, those who disapproved of the malcontents do not have such a right.  Typical leftism. 

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances. 


David Christian Newton Pitiful little people, so full of themselves. In knowing nothing and understanding less, it behooves them to stain any ceremony that, it a more noble time, belonged to all who were in attendance. It is my sincerest hope that their iniquity plants a crop that will result in a harvest of misery in their personal lives.



Strick Lee Blunt You need to delete your middle name, You sound nothing like one.


Reply



Donald Boice They can learn from their mistake. They should apologize to the University of Notre Dame and Vice President Pence, in writing. I don't agree that they had the "right" to protest at a Catholic Graduation ceremony and with VIP Pence invited to speak. Free will comes with responsibilities.


Reply



David Christian Newton Strick Lee Blunt The name is from English ancestors, and my father's mother was Esther Lee Christian, 1870 - 1936. As a practicing traditional Episcopalian, it would be my character to endure a (Sir Edmund) Hillary speech in which she talks about how much lying is going on all of a sudden. In spite of the preposterousness of the statement in her address to the Wellesley commencement, I certainly would not have gotten up to leave, "in order to make a greater point". It would be incumbent upon any gentleman to endure and refrain from comment. As an American, a Texan, and a veteran who is honourably discharged, I shall err in my faith when defending my principles, and I shall at times err in my citizenship while defending my Faith. It is the condition of humanity in general, and certainly mine, due to our imperfections. I shall defer from changing either my Christian names or my surnames. By the way, your meritless condescension is neither original nor well reasoned....it is around number 2,159 so far this year from holier-than-thou types telling me that I am not entitled to a name I did not choose. Checkmate.


Reply9 minsEdited