Saturday 20 November 2010

Still in Dry-dock

       Submissions must necessarily be short, due to the fact that I am using a library computer....which is actually quite good....but nowhere near the facility of my old computer.   My old one was lighting fast and actually read my mind at times.   But this is adequate for the purpose.    The new one should be here in a week or so.

     I am informed that the work of slathering the cane ceiling with linseed oil is proceeding to completion and that other projects are being done by Alvaro during my delay up here.   We should be returning to the Quinta Tesoro de la Sierra Madre in the next few days....and then heading back up to Central Texas in mid-December to visit the children, grandchildren, and that happy gang of folks up there.
     There is now a place in the Santa Engracia area where I can easily send and receive email, make submissions to the blog, and take reservations.   A twice weekly visit is what we are programming into the old, between-the-ears computer....so my submissions will not be so long absent during my stays in Mexico.
     And yes, Virginia, we have wi-fi, etc. all around us....but my place, the Quinta Tesoro de la Sierra Madre....is in a "black hole" of perhaps as little as 300 yards in diameter where the signal does not reach....and the ''copper connection" stops about 3/4's of a mile from our place.    So near, but yet so far.
More Later!
El Gringo Viejo